Setting up Document Types
You can begin entering your Document Types as soon as Triptiva is installed on your system.
If you want to track that you have certain documents on file for employees you can use Document Types to categorize your documents. For instance, you might want to have W4 documents on file for employees or you might want to have current first aid certifications on file for your guides. You can do this with Triptiva. Using a first aid example, there might be several first aid certification documents acceptable to your company. You can create a document type called “First Aid Certification” and assign the names of all acceptable first aid documents to the “First Aid Certification” document type. Acceptable certifications might be “American Red Cross Basic First Aid” and “National Safety Council First Responder.” You can create these names and assign them to your “First Aid Certification” document type. Then you can assign this document type to job types like “raft guide” and “kayak instructor.” Later, when you can assign job types to an employee, Triptiva will know which document types are required for the employee and what specific documents (document names) are acceptable.
Steps for adding your Document Types:
1. Log-in to Triptiva.
2. Click Admin on the menu bar.
3. Scroll over Navigator to display the menu.
4. Expand Employee Related node by clicking [+].
5. Click Document Types.
6. Unlock the screen by clicking the button in the top right corner that is below the button.
7. Double click in the Document Type column next to the asterisk (*) in the bottom row. This action will allow you to begin entering the names of your document types.
8.When you finish adding your types, click your entries.
Article No. 8.506